Avast! Thar be spoilers ahead!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Comic Con

I have some friggin exciting news! My husband and I are going to the Chicago Comic Con. Despite living in southern California for almost my entire life, I have yet to go to a Comic Con. I know, lamest geek ever, right? But on August 21st, I will fix all of that, in a loud way. Alex and I have purchased a photo op with William Shatner! Yes, you read that correctly. I will be getting a picture with Captain James Tiberias Kirk! Nerdgasm.

Unfortunately Sir Patrick Stewart can't make it on Saturday, which is the day I am going. Oh well. But Adam West (Batman), Brent Spiner (Data), Walter Koenig (Chekov) John de Lancie (Q), and Mickey Dolanz (from the Monkees) will all be there, too. The DeLorian from Back to the Future will also be there. And the original Hulk. And Peter Brady. And the original Wednesday from the Addams Family. Plus Julie Newmar (thanks for everything!). And the Soup Nazi! There will also be artists, people I don't recognize without their character-specific make-up, and several professional wrestles (for reasons that are beyond my understanding).

This is better than Christmas and Purim put together!

No comments:

Post a Comment