Avast! Thar be spoilers ahead!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury by Rachel Bloom

If you haven't heard yet, Ray Bradbury, author of more sci-fi stories than I can count with my shoes off, turned 90 last Saturday. Rachel Bloom, a comedian, wrote and filmed a special music video to celebrate his works. The song is candid about sex (as you can tell from its title). So, if the word "fuck" offends you, I suggest you don't click play. But if you have a decent level of maturity and sense of humour, I think it is hilarious and proof of how far geekdom has come in my lifetime. It's also proof that, at least in some circles, female sexuality is not taboo.




To be honest, I am not very familiar with his works. I've read Fahrenheit 451 but I have yet to read his other classics like The Illustrated Man and The Martian Chronicles. I would probably be the girl wearing the I (heart) Kurt Vonnegut shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment